Dances for 6
I Grandi Violoncellisti
Works for 6 cellos
Comprising six of the finest cellists in South Africa, I Grandi Violoncellisti have made this kind of repertoire their own. Working for many years with some of South Africa’s finest composers their first Cd presents an eclectic mix of new commissions and repertoire works, centring on a common theme of dance.
From the Spanish-influence Tango (Hofmeyr) to the extraordinary “Down to D” by the Ha!Man, I Grandi Violoncellisti explore all the possibilities and sumptuous textures unique to 6 cellos.
Running time 61’
- Allan Stephenson (b.1950) Souvenir de Sevillia; 4 for 6
- Ronald G. Petersen (1971-2001-Three Dances for Six
- Hendrik Hofmeyr (b.1957)-Tango (dal balletto ALICE)
- Ha!Man (Francois le Roux) (b. 1966)-Down to D
- Alan Solomon (b. 1938)-Antiphon & Burlesque
- Traditional/Arr. Petersen-Sarie Marais